Happy New Year! 🎉
This is my first post of 2018 and I feel like I should write about my New Years resolutions and goals, but I’m not. I’m writing about this goddamn! healthy turkey chili that I made the other day.
Read this recipe and you will not regret it. It’s really the easiest and healthiest meal I’ve ever made. And it can last all week.
Warm up with this Turkey Chili.
Oh, I forgot to tell you that it’s spicy too. I hope I didn’t lose you already. 😉
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 lbs of lean ground turkey
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 clove-ish of garlic
- 1 jalapeño
- spices: cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, other misc chili powder spices
1. Sauté the sliced onions, chopped peppers, and garlic in one medium-sized pan and cook the ground turkey in another larger pan. Cook and stir, cook and stir for 5-10 mins or more.
2. While that’s sizzling, check to make sure the ground turkey has no pink meat and add the tomato sauce and all of the spices.
3. Combine the chopped veggies (peppers, onion, jalapeño pepper) into the larger pan and keep stirring!
4. Add more spices. Do not skimp on the spices because this is what makes it taste good. Optional, but totally necessary: add hot sauce to your liking to really turn up the heat factor.
5. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and add avocado if you desire! I told you this was an easy recipe. Now enjoy it because you goddamn well deserve it!
This recipe can also be found on MyFitnessPal under “Liz’s turkey chili” if you want to track the calorie count.
Don’t forget to follow and show love to my Insta page, @vivieimpara for more pics and foodspiration!