Most of us are watching our carbs, or just want to eat a little bit healthier, and we know that it’s wise to lower carbohydrates and increase our intake of protein and veggies.
Introducing -The Low Carb Egg Bake
This recipe can be made ahead of time and heated up during the week for a quick protein-rich breakfast. Or, if you’re anything like me and my crew, it makes for a delicious brunch recipe that will keep you full for hours!
As you can see, breaking the fast can be just as delightful when you’re lowering your carb intake. I must give credit to my sister for this tasty recipe that your whole family (or the friends you make family) will enjoy.
Ingredients: (Serves 6-7 people, or breakfast for 1-2 hungry people for the week)
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage (reduced sodium and low fat)
- 8 large eggs (brown eggs)
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup of tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (or dairy-free cheese)
- Sprinkle dried parsley and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Beat eggs with milk and flour
- Sauté onions and bell pepper
- Cook sausage patties
- Mix the rest of the above ingredients together
- Pour into a greased pan
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
Enjoy with coffee or mimosas! Are you a fan of egg casserole? Would you make this recipe?
Let me know what you think in the comments section and follow @vivieimpara on Instagram for more. If you make the more-than-awesome decision to make this recipe, use the hashtag #cookfoyoself and tag me in it!