Dare I say, this is better than pasta! Low carb, delicious, and creamy pesto make these zoodles a win for lunch or dinner. I used the julienne peeler to make the zucchini noodles and it came out so good.
This recipe is inspired by Paleo Shrimp & Pesto Zucchini Noodles: (No, I am not paleo & gluten free)
- Lemon juice
- 1 clove of minced or pressed garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh whole basil leaves
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb of large, uncooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 zucchinis, julienned
- 1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- First, combine the marinade ingredients and pour into a sealable plastic bag, add shrimp, and place in refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the recipe
- Next make the pesto… or buy it if you are short on time 🙂
- In a food processor, combine the pine nuts with the remaining ingredients for the pesto sauce
- Slice zucchini (julienne or spiralized) into a small bowl
- Put olive oil in a sauce pan and set to medium heat
- Add the marinaded shrimp
- Cook shrimp about 2-3 minutes per side
- Toss in the halved cherry tomatoes
- Next add your pesto sauce, heat through in saucepan with the shrimp
- Add in zucchini noodles on high 1-2 minutes – drain water after heating!
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Have you ever used a spiralizer? It will change the way you eat veggies. At least that’s what I’ve heard.