Recently, I attended a panel discussion called, “What Can You Do with an English Major?” The meeting was hosted by Dr. Brown, Assistant Professor of English at Monmouth University. The speakers included already successful people that are willing to share their personal experiences and advice about breaking into the job search.
Stay with me on this journey, I am going to give you more of the honest advice, tips, and resources to help get you started on your job search!
|Photo Credit: Career. Passion.|
If you do not have a LinkedIn, make one immediately and start making connections! I like to call LinkedIn a “professional Facebook” because you are connecting via social network to access people, jobs, news, updates, and insights.
- www.linkedin.com: Social networking tool.
- www.vizify.com: Visual resume resource.
- http://4020vision.com: Advice from 40-something women to 20-something women.
- http://blog.penelopetrunk.com: Career Advice from Penelope Trunk.
- http://smartprettyandawkward.com: One of my favorite blogs, “How to be Smarter, How to be Prettier, and How to be (less) Awkward.”