When summer ends, I think we all get a little gloomy. Summer vacations are over, there’s less time in the sun and fewer chances to get to the beach and enjoy a drink outside with friends and family. We still have a couple months until winter brutally hits us, so I’m finding ways to appreciate the fall weather and all that the season brings. It’s not too cold, yet!
Here are my top five cures for the fall bummers:
1. Hearty food – It’s the best time to nourish our bodies with good old comfort food made healthy. I’m really excited to share a few new recipes with you here: Chicken with Sautéed Kale and Veggies, Kale Salad with Avocado and Pumpkin Seeds, and Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup. I am working on a new post for a turkey chili recipe so stay posted!
2. Pumpkin flavored everything – Who doesn’t love pumpkin? I’ve been avoiding pumpkin spice lattes and Reeses peanut butter pumpkins lately in favor of making my own version of these sugar-laden foods. Pumpkin spice smoothies and roasted pumpkin spice nuts are my new favorites. Check it out on Instagram @vivieimpara.
3. Long bike rides and walks – It’s not too hot or too cold. Just perfect for apple picking and pumpkin picking. To me, there’s nothing better than taking in the beautiful Autumn Foliage we’ve been experiencing!
4. A calming and restorative yoga practice – I love yoga. Especially this time of year when it’s a little chillier out and long fleece-lined leggings, tank tops and button downs are the norm. At home, I recommend practicing with Sarah Beth Yoga on YouTube!
5. Tea – I’ve been binge drinking tea by experimenting with all different types of flavors, including chai tea, green tea, peach tea… the list goes on. My favorite tea is Tazo Green Tea Zen and Twinings Ultra Spice Chai. The best part about drinking tea is that I don’t have to worry about consuming an excess amount of calories, which is a concern with apple cider and pumpkin beer (I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into in two weeks!)
What are your favorite things to do this time of year? Please share!! I’d love to add more to my fall bucket list.