Sink your teeth into this. These tasty quinoa and black bean burgers may make you reconsider ever eating meat again. Just eat more veggies!
Honestly, they will never be as good as SUPERIORITY BURGER (tasty East Village Vegan burger joint) but we can try by making this recipe!
Veggie Burgers, What Up?
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Whole wheat buns
- 1 cup minced bell pepper- either red, green or yellow (your choice)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1-2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cheese (all optional, of course)
- All the veggies
- Cook the quinoa and water and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans for texture.
- Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika salt, and egg into the black beans with a wooden spoon and/or using your hands.
- Form the black bean mixture into 5-7 patties.
- Pour the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Chop up the rest of the onions and caramelize them by slowly cooking them with olive oil.
- Garnish your veggie burg with toppings and add a whole wheat bun (or go bun-free with some extra greens to make a lettuce wrap).
Enjoy! I promise this recipe is even easier than it looks! Do you have a fave veggie recipe? Follow some of my faves on Pinterest.