Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day, world! Today I’m sharing two healthy (and naturally green!) recipes with you that will not give you a sugar high or any regret later. Enjoy with a pint or two… because you damn well deserve it.
Spinach Salad with green apples, cranberries, and heart healthy walnuts
Ingredients (to share with your significant other/party people/coworkers):
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of cranberries
- 1/8 cup of pepitos (optional)
- Mix the ingredients above in a bowl (preferably green for Saint Pat’s, but totally optional). Add a generous amount of olive oil. For the dressing, shake up 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 spoonful of dijon mustard, and 1 tablespoon of balsamic. Pour it over your greens and call it a salad!
Up next… Creamy Spinach DIP!
This is a recipe from a friend of a friend so I cannot take full credit. I will say that it was incredibly easy to make in only three steps and I ditched the chopped artichoke hearts in the original recipe because I was too lazy and I didn’t have the proper cutting knives.
- 1 cup of mayo (choose full fat. Always)
- 1 cup of fresh parmesan cheese (grated well)
- 1 package of spinach (if you use frozen, thaw it well)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon the ingredients into a lightly olive oil greased casserole dish or aluminum dip tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 mins until it bubbles.
Dig in! How do you celebrate Saint Patty’s Day? Has it changed over the years?