Nachos are not traditionally a healthy meal prep recipe, but it can be with pepper nachos!
But first, define “healthy” in your own words. Everyone has their own idea of what healthy is, but I think that most people would agree that we should eat more fresh vegetables and less (salty) chips.
So here’s my pepper nachos recipe… Note: The pictures below look messy, but isn’t that the fun of eating nachos?
Loaded Pepper Nachos
- 2-3 large peppers or 1 bag of mini peppers
- 2 cups of tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño, cut into thin slices
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 avocado
- Cheddar cheese grated on top
- Cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste
- Cut the peppers sideways and into halves (you want to be able to open the pepper and put the toppings on it!)
- Scoop the beans into the pepper
- Cut up the jalapeño into thin slices and decorate on top
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes
- While your nachos are baking, cut up the tomatoes, avocado, and grate cheddar cheese ontop to your liking
- Sprinkle any herbs, spices, and hot sauce (optional)
- If you’re meal prepping, scoop the pepper nachos on top of salad or grains in Tupperware (see below) and enjoy!