I’ve been searching for the right words to write after recent events. I only have three: Black Lives Matter.
Here’s what I’ve been researching, reading, learning with a food-focused spin at the bottom…
- Ways You Can Help (includes petitions, advocacy, donations, and information for and on protests and current events)
- Black Lives Matter Ally Research (includes petitions, donations, resources, news articles)
- Campaign Zero (includes places to donate and categories for policy solutions)
Places to DONATE (a few of many options below):
- Black Visions Collective
- Black Lives Matter
- Civil Rights Charity Navigator (lists multiple places to donate)
- Brené Brown with Ibram X Kendi on How to Be an Antiracist podcast, also a book, How to Be an Antiracist
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated by Richard Rothstein (recommended by a friend & Vivi’s Circle member)
- Please refer to Antiracism Resources blog for an extensive list of books
Black-Owned NYC Restaurants:
- Manhattan-based: https://www.theinfatuation.com/features/support-nyc-black-owned-restaurants#manhattan
- Brooklyn: https://www.theinfatuation.com/features/support-nyc-black-owned-restaurants#brooklyn
Full list here: https://www.theinfatuation.com/features/support-nyc-black-owned-restaurants
Food/lifestyle bloggers I follow and admire:
- @toitimeblog – Latoi is a lifestyle blogger, mother, and a member of the She Partner Network. https://toitime.org/
- @stephanitaeats – Stephanita is a food writer, photographer and marketing consultant. I had the pleasure of meeting her at BlogHer Food ’19! https://www.stephanita.com/
- @jositaylovesfood – follow for positive vibes and a lot of tasty food!
What resources or people would you like to amplify? Please note: this is not a full list, I’d love to hear what you’re doing in the comments section below.