I’m writing a blog for Smart Girls Loop on healthier desserts for the holiday season, and I thought it would be the perfect excuse to make my own recipe for homemade brownies! My inspiration came from FoodBabe’s Almond Butter Brownies, but I changed it up a little bit by adding a banana (instead of extra sugar), cacao powder, and sliced almonds for extra deliciousness.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- Almond slices
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chunks
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a small dish for baking (either 8×8 or 8×6)
- Mix all ingredients until smooth
- Sprinkle chocolate chunks and almond slices on top and pour batter into pan
- Bake brownies until golden brown
- Serve when warm – forget about cooling them!
My favorite part about these brownies are that they are gluten free (no flour!) and dairy-free. So, they are perfect for those picky eaters at all of your family gatherings. Now, I just need to find a way to make these brownies more festive for the holidays. Have any ideas? What do you like to bake this time of year?