I’ve always wanted to make stuffed bell peppers. So, this week I’ve been scanning through recipes on Pinterest and Google, and finally found an easy recipe that I could make myself with ingredients in my own fridge.
These bell peppers are packed with veggies and quinoa that will provide the nutrition you need for a healthy, filling meal! This recipe yields six servings, so if you don’t have that many peppers to fill up (I didn’t either) this quinoa mix makes for delicious leftovers!
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup small diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook 3 cups of quinoa, here’s a great step-by-step guide: Learn to Cook Quinoa
- Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling inside each bell pepper. Spoon some into your mouth to make sure you like it.
- Place on prepared baking dish with foil on top.
- Bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or let cool down and refrigerate for another meal!
Enjoy! Let me know what you think! If you liked this recipe, show some love by liking it! And don’t forget to follow me on my Facebook page, Vivi e impara, and on Instagram @vivieimpara for more.