I’ve always wanted to make stuffed bell peppers. So, this week I’ve been scanning through recipes on Pinterest and Google, and finally found an easy recipe that I could make myself with ingredients in my own fridge.
These bell peppers are packed with veggies and quinoa that will provide the nutrition you need for a healthy, filling meal! This recipe yields six servings, so if you don’t have that many peppers to fill up (I didn’t either) this quinoa mix makes for delicious leftovers!
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup small diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook 3 cups of quinoa, here’s a great step-by-step guide: Learn to Cook Quinoa
- Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling inside each bell pepper. Spoon some into your mouth to make sure you like it.
- Place on prepared baking dish with foil on top.
- Bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or let cool down and refrigerate for another meal!