I am not a football fan, at all. This Super Bowl Sunday you can find me only watching the commercials, talking and laughing about something unrelated, or eyeing the bean dip across the room. Even though I’m not interested in the game, I love the food and social aspect of it. One of the biggest problems with the Super Bowl food, however, is that they’re typically loaded with extra fat, carbohydrates, and sugary desserts.
In the pursuit of healthier recipes, I’ve pulled together this list of my favorite healthier Super Bowl recipes on the Internet right now:
1. Super Healthy Sweet Potato Skins via Food Babe
2. The Perfect Game Day Guacamole via Gimme Some Oven
3. Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Bean, and Avocado via Closet Cooking
4. Finger Lickin’ Cauli Wings via The Toasted Pine Nut
5. Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip via Delicious by Dre
End on a sweet note with these Chocolate Covered Strawberry footballs. Have fun this Super Bowl weekend and make healthy choices!
P.S. I’m not saying no to chips or that bean dip, just indulging in healthier versions.