Normally, I’d want to bake cookies during a snowstorm (I already made healthier oatmeal cookies) or go out for a delicious everything bagel scooped out with egg lettuce and tomato… but we all know protein makes us feel full longer, so let’s indulge in some healthy egg and avocado recipes before the impending Winter Storm Juno.
I have two recipes for you today:
Not-So-Devilish Avocado Eggs
Deviled eggs have a bad reputation for being high in calories and fat. By substituting avocado instead of mayonnaise, you’re getting much more nutrients out of the satisfying healthy fats. Think fiber, potassium, Vitamin C, and even some protein. I like to think of these as little protein bites.
- 3-6 eggs
- 1/2 an avocado
- Diced onion
- Lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Add some paprika for some spice
- Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out yolks, and arrange whites on a platter or dish.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process egg yolks, avocado, lemon juice, and avocado until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Scoop egg mixture carefully into the egg halves. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to eat.
These little eggs don’t last too long, so be sure to eat them within 2 days!
You can even make it lunch by adding kale and tomatoes:
Baked Avocado Recipe
Try this healthy baked avocado and egg recipe to satisfy hunger and boost your energy throughout the day. I promise, this recipe made me feel full all day. Baked avocados are so fun and easy to make. It made me think, why have I never made this before?
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and whatever garnish of your choice.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think! If you liked it, feel free to share these recipes on Pinterest, Facebook, and with all of your friends. Turn on the oven and stay warm!