Nothing says summer more to me than a bowl of fresh fruits and veggies. I don’t know why. Maybe the colorful combo of all of these ingredients, or the thought of the sweltering hot days ahead makes me want to fill up on some quinoa, black beans, and veggies.
Party time Quinoa Mix
- 1-2 cups of quinoa
- 1 can of black beans
- 1-2 mangoes
- 1-2 avocados
- 1/2 tomato
- 3 cups of spinach
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/4 cup of red onion
1. Pour yourself a glass of ice cold water or rosé.
2. Heat olive oil in pot and cook the quinoa and black beans (separately or together).
3. While the quinoa and black beans are cooking, cut up your favorite fresh fruit and veggies. See above ingredients to see what I used.
4. Toss all of the ingredients in a bowl, mix well, and scoop it in a bed full of spinach to get all of the flavors and deliciousness!
5. Season with some salt, pepper, and enjoy.
Feasting on crisp, fresh vegetables, hearty quinoa and beans, and sweet, juicy fruits are a great way to boost your energy level and fuel your body for the ridiculously hot days ahead. Could this be a Memorial Day weekend recipe?
Let me know what you think of this recipe by liking or commenting below!