Hope everyone had a relaxing and restorative Labor Day weekend!
I know for me it was full of indulgences, delicious food, and good company, mainly because it was my birthday a few days before (cake, cake, cake). So, I’m happy to get back into the weekly routine. This means meal prep and healthy food before I fly out for my vacation on Friday.
Get ready for this delicious overnight oats recipe that you can prepare tonight for the work day ahead.
Almond Buttery Overnight Oats
How could you resist? I must admit that this recipe is inspired by, Take a Bite’s “Low Labor Breakfast”
- 1/3 cup Purely Elizabeth original ancient grain oats OR oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter (optional, but oh-so-delicious)
- splash of vanilla extract (optional, if you have it!)
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- choice fruit for topping
1. In a mason jar, combine oats, almond milk, water, almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and honey.
2. Screw on the lid and overnight it in the fridge.
3. The next morning, stir it up and top with your choice fruit.
I’d recommend blueberries, strawberries, or sliced peaches ontop of this tasty breakfast. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Summer is not over yet. We still have a lot to look forward to as we transition to fall.