I know, I know it’s been a long time since I last posted. Here’s a quick and easy healthy breakfast recipe for the weekend!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bites
Healthy baked oatmeal bursting with crunchy peanut butter and banana!
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon (or more) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium bananas, one mashed well with a fork and one sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease a medium sized casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the milk, egg, 2 mashed bananas, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until your desired consistency is reached. I cooked mine the entire 30 minutes and it is almost bar-like.
- Refrigerate overnight or eat right away! In the morning, drizzle over melted peanut butter and let cool or harden before serving.