It’s finally fall in NYC. The weather always tries to trick us this time of year with false fall, then a second heat wave of summer, and two days later it’s “I-definitely-need-a-jacket fall.”
Bring out the pumpkins and the fall recipes! Fall cooking season, to me, means roasting hearty and healthy vegetables, cooking lean protein, and it’s a good time to reset after a busy summer.
It’s so difficult to find the time and motivation to cook
sometimes most of the time. My Wild Alaskan Company membership has helped me stay on track so we don’t eat out five days a week. When I have a box of fish in my freezer, I know I can cook a healthy and delicious meal in under 20 minutes. Every. Time.
So, this is why I partner with Wild Alaskan Company and highly recommend everyone to check out their seafood subscription packages. I have a great deal for you, and you’re not going to want to miss it.
Now, after you’ve made that purchase ;), let’s get into a new recipe that I think you’ll love.
Halibut with Lemon Caper Sauce
- 2 pieces of halibut from Wild Alaskan Company
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Few grinds black pepper
- 3–4 slices lemon
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon capers drained
- 2 tablespoons of herbs (optional, we had basil)
- Salt the top of the fish with a small sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place two tablespoons of butter and the olive oil in a medium to large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Swirl the butter and oil around and add the fish. Sprinkle the side facing up with the rest of the salt and the pepper. Cook for about five minutes then gently flip over.
- Add the lemon slices to the pan as the fish cooks and cook the fish about 3-5 more minutes.
- Keep the heat at medium and add the garlic and cook one minute. Add the wine and cook to evaporate. Then add the lemon juice, capers and herbs (optional).
- Cook for a minute then remove from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir to make the sauce.
- Serve each portion with a cooked lemon slice and some of the pan sauce.
Serve with your favorite vegetable. We roasted broccoli!
Join thousands of people who are choosing healthy living this fall by purchasing seafood with Wild Alaskan Company. Still undecided? Click the button below to learn more and check out the reviews.
Purchase it today and let me know if you do! I’m so excited for you to try it and we can compare recipes.