While you’re home during snowmageddon, turn on the oven and make these delicious treats! You really only need a few key ingredients that you probably already have – oatmeal, bananas, peanut butter, apple sauce, and chocolate chips!
Can I share a secret with you? There is no oil, no flour, no eggs and no added sugar. You don’t need it. They are that good.
2 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
1/3 C. Your Favorite Peanut Butter
2/3 C. Unsweetened Applesauce
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 C. Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 C. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 C.Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, if you have it, and set aside.
3. Mix together the bananas, peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.
4. Add in the oats, nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut; stir until well combined.
5. Spoon a rounded 2 tbsp. of the cookie mixture onto the baking sheet, leaving an inch between each.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes and allow to cool slightly.
Can I share another secret with you? I made packaged oatmeal cookies after I made these and they were not as tasty! When you bake this recipe, you know you’ll be getting at least a little nutrition and sweetness, none of the fake stuff.
Try to save these cookies for the week for breakfast or dessert… They will be gone fast! Follow me on Insta @vivieimpara for more pictures like this:
5 thoughts on “Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bites”
i can always get behind cookies for breakfast!
Me too! Especially homemade cookies!