These delicious mini muffins are irresistible. Dangerously irresistible. So much so that I could not wait another day to share the recipe with you for these decadent little bites.
This recipe makes for a nutritious pre-made breakfast or snack option for the week. But that’s not it, for my health conscious and food allergy-prone readers out there; they are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free. They might as well be calorie-free.
If you are looking at these and thinking they are self-indulgent calorie bombs, well, they are, but they are made with real, wholesome ingredients and without any added sugar.
Ingredients (for 12 mini muffins)
- 2 cups of pure organic oatmeal
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 cups of apple sauce
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2-1 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional- add in almonds, berries, or your favorite nuts, fruit…etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- Pour into greased muffin tins
- Cook for 20-30 minutes (check on them to make sure they’re firm)
- Sprinkle on some more cinnamon or toppings!
Aren’t these little muffins just adorable? They are perfect for breakfast, midmorning snack, and even for those 3 pm cravings when you’re dreaming of the vending machine on your office floor. 😉
Let me know what you think by liking or commenting below!
P.S. Not getting my weekly e-mails? Subscribe to my blog by typing your e-mail in the upper right box above this post. I have a recipe for oatmeal protein powder blueberry muffins… this is a recipe you do not want to miss.
4 thoughts on “Dark Chocolate and Almond Butter Oatmeal Mini Muffins”
Reblogged this on Cacao and Kale and commented:
Yum. I’ll be thinking of these healthy treats all week long…
I’ll be trying this! yum
Awesome. Let me know what you think when you try it!